Just In...

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Madrid-Based Nigerian Caught With 364 Wraps Of Cocaine In Lagos

Attempts by  32 year-old Francis Bawaba living in Madrid, Spain to earn N3.3 million for smuggling 6.490 kilogrammes of high-grade Brazilian cocaine have hit the rocks as anti-narcotic officials have arrested him. 
 Officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos made the arrest and seizure at the weekend. 
The 364 wraps of cocaine prepared for ingestion and hidden inside his hand luggage is valued at N72 million. Officials detected the drug during the inward screening of passengers on an Etihad flight.
The suspect lamented:
  “This is my first time of smuggling drugs and I was lured with an offer of N3.3 million. I used to work in construction sites in Madrid to earn a living but it has been difficult securing a job since the global economic meltdown. I collected the drug while on transit at Abudhabi on my way from Milan. I never knew that I would be caught here in Nigeria. My plan was to invest the money in business. Since my arrest I have been unable to eat because I do not know how my pregnant wife and two kids will cope without my financial support”.  
NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar said:
  “Our investigation has revealed that the suspect took off from Malpensa, Milan and collected the drug while on transit at Abudhabi. He had given us very useful information that we are already working on”.
 The suspect would soon be charged to court.

2 comments:

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks