Just In...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Highlights From Interview With Project Fame Season 3 Winner, Chidinma

She needs no introduction in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Chidinma Ekile is the  first female winner of MTN Project Fame 3. The Imo State-born artiste spoke with SEYI SOKOYA on what she has achieved with the honorarium a year after and her take on reality shows. Excerpts:


*Q*LAST year you won the sum of N2.5m, a RAV4 Jeep and a year contract as the winner of the MTN Project Fame 3. Can you state in brief how these have changed your life?

*A*It has really affected my life positively; I cannot quantify how it has turned my life around. The reality show has opened doors for me and has also given me the opportunity to have an impact in the Nigerian entertainment industry. More so, it has made my talent known to the world that I have got a gift to affect life positively.

*Q*What was the first purchase made from the N2.5m?

*A*My laptop and iPod were my first purchases

*Q*You abandoned school for a talent hunt that you weren't sure of your chances, why did you take such a risk?

*A*My intention was just to give it a try; I never knew I would go so far.  I thought I should just get the experience and move on with my life and no doubt about it the academy was fun; I met people from different backgrounds. I learnt a lot from the teachers; even with the tough times Mummy J, Uncle Ben, Kaffy and Miss Ige who actually taught me a lot. They taught me how to control my voice because I have this very loud voice and I tried so much to tune it down.

*Q*You dropped Mass Communication for Project Fame, have you gone back to school now?

*A*Yes, I got an admission into the  University of Lagos but chose project fame; I am not back in school yet, but I am working on that at the moment.

*Q*What's your relationship with eLDee like?

*A*What kind of relationship are you talking about? We are colleagues.

*Q*How do you handle your male admirers who still want to have a piece of you?

*A*I have always made sure I keep them as friends and also try to have a defined relationship with everyone of them.

*Q*Now that you are famous, are you now in a relationship?

*A*It has not been easy to be famous because I am still a young girl, but with the help of God. It has been smooth. No, I am not in a relationship yet.

*Q*What is your idea of what a relationship should look like?

*A*I am not in any relationship, so I really don't have an idea of how a relationship should look like.

*Q*Does being the first female winner of Pf3 make you feel different?

*A*I could remember when the last six of us had a media tour before the finals, I was asked if I believed a girl could win the contexts and I was so positive. I didn't want any of the guys to win. I always told the guys, 'a girl is taking over this time' either me or Yetunde. I was really expecting a girl to win and that makes me feel wonderful. Ever since, it makes me feel different. I always feel like an all time winner, it has also given me the conviction that I would emerge a winner in any challenge I found myself.

*Q*Your educational background?

*A*I had both primary and secondary education in Ketu, I attended Caleb International School and Science Foundation school respectively. I got admission into UNILAG and was almost writing my post UME when I went for Project Fame. My intention was to continue my education when I came back from Project Fame, which I am working on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks