Just In...

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Interesting: How A Homeless Man Returned A Diamond Engagement Ring

Honesty is still the best policy! A homeless man in the US has returned an expensive diamond engagement ring to its rightful owner, after she accidentally dropped it in his donation cup.
Well-wishers from around the world are opening their wallets to Billy Ray Harris after he returned the diamond ring to Sarah Darling, its rightful owner.
According to Darling, who is from Kansas City, Missouri, said she never takes the ring off, but it was giving her a bit of a rash so she did, zipping it in her coin purse for safe keeping.
Later, she absentmindedly emptied the contents of that purse into the collection cup of Harris, who is homeless and often stays under a bridge in Darling's hometown, not until the next day that she realised her ring was gone.
She went back to look for Harris, but he was gone. She returned the next day and found him.
"I asked him ... 'I don't know if you remember me, but I think I gave you something that's very precious to me,' and he says, 'Was it a ring? Yeah, I have it, I kept it for you,'" Darling said.
To show their appreciation, Darling and her husband set up an online fundraiser for Harris. The donations and praises have poured in.
CNN affiliate KCTV caught up with Harris and asked him how he felt about all the attention he's attracted since returning the ring.

"I like it, but I don't think I deserve it," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks