Just In...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Naomi Oni: Two Suspects Arrested But Later Released


A 21-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man were arrested by police in London on suspicion of pouring acid on a 20-year-old Nigerian woman, Naomi Oni who was attacked in Dagenham, Essex, on 30th December, 2012.
Naomi spent a month in a burns unit and has been left partially blinded from what she claimed was an unprovoked assault by a woman wearing an Islamic niqab.
To add insult to injury, reports over the weekend claimed police were looking into the possibility that she may even have deliberately disfigured herself.
Speaking today she said:

'I’ve only just come out of hospital after having surgery on my eye. To see this story saying that I’d done it made me so angry and really hurts,' she told the Evening Standard.'There’s no way I would have done this to myself. I want the person who did this to be caught.'
The man and woman arrested over the weekend have been released on bail.
Read more of Naomi Oni's story HERE ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks