Just In...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

''ASUU Strike Is A Blessing In Disguise For Me'' - Olawale Ojo, Winner Of Project Fame Season 6

While a lot of students are lamenting about being idle and broke as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) strike rages on, 25 year-old Olawale Ojo is counting his blessings.
The 400 level Agronomy Student of Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso, Oyo State is the recent winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 6, carting away N5Million cash prize, a brand new car and a recording contract.
Read how ASUU strike changed his life for the better below:
I came up to register when ASUU was on strike, and this was my first time to participate in a music competition. I didn’t really come with too much determination, but anywhere I find myself, I always try to give my best in all I do. So, when I got into the academy, I didn’t have a choice than to give my best for everything.
On whether the strike pushed him to Project Fame, he said:
Yes, but I believe that is how God wants it to be. The strike is a blessing in disguise for me.
On how he will cope with his colleagues in school when the ASUU strike is over:
I think the only change is that I meet a lot of people and people know me now. I wasn’t this popular, but now I am popular. I think that is just the difference. I am still Olawale. The only thing different is just that I am now popular and I have to be more conscious of my career now because I have to work more on my songs. I have to make sure I don’t disappoint my fans out there. The work has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks