Just In...

Saturday, October 19, 2013

''I’m Now Learning How to Use Mobile Phone, Ipad and Social Media'' - Hamza Al-mustapha

Despite rumour of his life of luxury in detention,  Major Hamza Al-mustapha, former chief security officer to late Head of State, General Sani Abacha revealed to This Day that he is just learning how to use mobile phones, computers and Ipad, Lol...read the excerpt from the interview below:
“Well, when I lost my freedom, I was incarcerated for so long. Now that God Almighty has brought me out, I want to catch up with the digitalised world. Since I came out, I have been a student. Everybody around me is a teacher. I am learning, right from the capacity to manage telephones, Ipad - the one you are holding -computer, the children are teaching me, my friends are teaching me even other means of communication, all aspects of the social media. I am just a student. I am reading hard also to catch up with some other activities that I believe that I should get my mind accustomed to. I am being talked to by different groups everyday, knowing their issues, the objectives of their associations, all these put together.”
He further added:
“I hadn’t access to any of such things”, he said. Sensing that it would be difficult for me to believe, he went on to buttress his claim: “I was in solitary cell. You can’t have access to some of those things. All you can have is your capacity to operate within your own limitations depending on the state of your offence. For nine years, seven months, I was also in different prisons. Ikoyi maximum security prison and Kuje prison in Abuja. I had a series of restrictions unknown to prison laws. Deliberately, some restrictions were created for me alone. Out of 50,000 inmates in Nigeria, you could not see me without passport size photograph, you must have an application, you must leave your phone number or your full address and you are being visited by security agencies to know who you are and why you visited. And even while there, you have your visitors under the eyes of the prison staff, they listen, and monitor everything you do and submit report. That started right from 1999. So, I hadn’t the kind of freedom that you think.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks