Monday, October 7, 2013
Jay Z And Beyonce Rank No.1 On The 2013 List Of 'Important Powers That Be In America'
According to Vanity Fair's 'New Establishment' for 2013, musician couple Jay Z and Beyonce are the most important powers that be in the U.S.
Mr and Mrs Shaun Carter were last ranked number eight, but their busy year propelled them to the number one spot.
Helping them nab the top honor was Jay Z's new album, Magna Carter Holy Grail, which went platinum before it even hit store shelves thanks to a strategically planned pre-order release.
Beyonce did her part too by booking a Super Bowl halftime performance, selling out her world tour and releasing a documentary about her life on HBO.
Check out the full list after the cut...
VANITY FAIR'S NEW ESTABLISHMENT: 2013
1. Jay Z & Beyonce, musicians
2. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor
3. Brian Roberts & Steve Burke, Comcast
4. Bob Iger, The Walt Disney Company
5. Rupert Murdoch, 21st Century Fox
6. Jimmy Iovine & Dr Dre, Beats Electronics
7. David Zaslav, Discovery Communications
8. Jill Abramson, editor of The New York Times
9. Jenna Lyons, J. Crew creative director
10. Harvey & Bob Weinstein, The Weinstein Company
11. Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, Comedy Central
12. Robert Thomson, News Corp
13. JJ Abrams, Filmmaker
14. Lionel Barber, Financial Times
15. Matt Drudge, Drudge Report
16. Michael Kors, Michael Kors Holdings
17. Len Blavatnik, Access Industries
18. Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective
19. Tory Burch, designer
20. Jon Feltheimer, Lionsgate
21. Peter Chernin, The Chernin Group
22. Trey Parker & Matt Stone, Important Studios
23. Mike Allen, Politico
24. Ben Affleck, actor and director
25. Tim Armstrong & Ariana Huffington, AOL