Just In...

Friday, September 16, 2011

Ruggedman Explains Why He Is Making Clothes For Women...


Whether as the green-horn rapper who picked on superiors like Idris Abdulkareem, and entertainment heavyweights Kenny Ogungbe and Dayo Adeneye; or the benefactor who introduced ethnic singer 9ice to limelight in the popular hit 'Ruggedy Baba' (2007) before both parties fell apart in 2010, Ruggedman always come to mind.

In May 2008, Michael Ugochukwu Stephens, unveiled his clothing line named after his birthday, 20th September Wears (T.S.W), at the Silverbird Galleria Lagos, where one-time Cross River state governor, Donald Duke was chief-launcher of the collection. Few months down the line, the buzz died down and T.S.W was out of the shops.

But next Sunday, September 25, 2011, a newly revived T.S.W will re-launch; parading a range of exotic male and female Tees, shirts, wristwatches and high-ended shoes. In this interview the award-winning rapper and T.S.W proprietor speaks excitedly on his 'new' baby and what was responsible for the hiatus.

Read Interview::::


Q:::: You've been quiet a lot lately. You seem to be serious about your third album being your last. Can we say music is finally taking the back seat?

A::: I have not been that quiet because I have been busy spreading the 'Untouchable' album and the videos of the tracks I have shot so far. I have been really busy recording with artistes who want me to feature on their songs. I still hold the record for the artist with the highest number of collaborations Laughs. I recorded with GT Tha Guitarman, Xpee, Tee M, Mr 2kay, Dubem of the 2009 Star Quest winners, The Pulse, Lyrics and many more. I've also been busy recording my artist, Chinaydu's mixtape and songs for his album at the same time. And of course I have been busy with my 20th September Wear clothing line. Music can never be in the back seat. I have not been quiet. I have been very very very busy.
*************************
Q::::: Between when u introduced TSW to us a couple of years and now not much of the line has been seen. What's been responsible for the low presence?

A:::::: I went back to the drawing board. I was not okay with certain things and you know I love to give the best in everything I do. Now I believe I have the right shirts and even got more than just Tee-shirts now that will blow people's minds.
*************************

Q::::::: What's responsible for the new drive you're giving the label now? Why are you taking it seriously all of a sudden?

A:::::: The drive has always been there. I have always taken it seriously. I just needed the right apparels for the clothing line.
*************************

Q:::::: I remember the line covers ladies' tops 'cos you once gave me one years back. Now tell me what other fashion products have been included and if T.S.W is strictly a ladies' line 'cos we know you love the ladies.

A:::::: Definitely I love the ladies plenty because women make a lot of things happen. Laughs. T.S.W by Ruggedman now parades male and female Tee-shirts, men's shirts, female shoes, and male and female wristwatches for now.
**********************

Q::::: From the pictures of the shoes we've seen, they appear really high-ended. Is that deliberate? Who are your target audience?

A::::: target audience is who ever likes what I have and can afford it. The quality is not in question anymore. It is now a question of 'can I afford this 20th September Wear item'? But of course they are all affordable apparels.
************************

Q::::::: How affordable would they be? Price range please?

A:::::: The prices range from Five thousand Naira upwards. I can't tell you exactly which item costs N5000 but be rest assured it is not the female shoes, Laughs
***********************
Q:::::: Will there be flats? And will you consider making shoes or goods for regular everyday people or is TSW suppose to be a luxury brand?

A:::::::: I intend to have goods for everyday people and also have luxury items. That's the way of the world


Thank you very much for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks