Just In...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

INTERVIEW: Majek Fashek Talks About His Love Life And His Cold-War With Ras Kimono

INTERVIEW: Majek Fashek Talks About His Love Life And His Cold-War With Ras Kimono
In this hilarious interview conducted by Nigeria Entertainment Today, the Edo State born artist and international star, Majek Fashek who has been in the entertainment industry as far back as in the early 90's, discussed about his love life and his beef with his fellow artist, Ras Kimono. He is popularly know as the Rain-Maker, a very interesting personality at that. Excerpts of the Interview below:


Q::::What are you working on while you're here?
A::::Four or five albums. I got a new album out but I'm working on another one to be released in Nigeria. My plan is to work with young Nigerian musicians. For now I've got two people in mind; 2face and Black Face.
*************
Q::::::What should we expect from your album?
A:::::Honestly, expect nothing but good music. I'm very confident about that. Do you know why I came back?  My mission in Nigeria is to save the 'Sceptre'.
****************
Q::::::What is the 'Sceptre'?
A::::::(Laughs) It means 'Lion of Judah'. I have come to save it because if Nigeria falls, Africa will fall. We need a revolutionary like me, not Ras kimono. Kimono wants to drive a car, wants to buy a house. I am the streets.
*****************
Q:::::So you have beef with Ras Kimono?
A::::::Yes, he's my rival. I've gone international; Kimono couldn't go international because he was too local. Tell Kimono to bring it on!
************
Q:::::Let's talk about the women in your life…
I can't tell you much about women right now because I've been celibate.
A:::::Why have you been celibate?
I wanted to be pure. I had to be celibate when I was leaving New York and returning to the Motherland. I only make love to the woman that loves me. I'm celibate.
***************
Q::::::But are you still with the woman that loves you?
A::::::What's wrong with that? Celibacy has different definitions.
*************
Q:::::::Do you believe in God?
A:::::::I don't play with God, why should I. He is the one that helps me. I'm not an atheist
***************
Q::::::Are you a Christian?
A::::::I'm not a Christian, I'm a Rastafarian. Not just any Rastafarian but a Jesus Rastafarian.
******************
Q::::How was your experience when you went to Jamaica?
A::::::Jamaicans say they only recognize three musicians – Lucky Dube, Alpha Blondy and Majek. They don't know Kimono.
**************
Q:::::What is one of your most memorable shows?
A:::::I've had too many shows to start recounting stories, just too many. I'm a stage performer. I thank God for giving me the blessing. I remember one 2face show in Canada; the producers forced me to open the show, I wasn't happy because I wanted to perform last. Eventually I got on stage and shut the show down with my performance. When 2face got on stage, the crowd didn't want to see him anymore.
******************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks