Just In...

Monday, October 21, 2013

Ex-Miss World Agbani Darego Speaks About The Death Of Her Parents

We all know her as former miss world, a supermodel, a beauty queen, an entrepreneur and lots more. But some of us probably didn't know that she is also an orphan. Speaking about the loss of her parents Agbani Darego said:
“I lost my father last year (2012) but while he lived, he made sure that his kids did not lack for anything. He was my best friend and strong supporter.   Any questions or issues I had, I could go back home and call him and speak to him.
My family is notoriously close knit and after we lost my mother, our father was everything to us. He was like one of the kids; we played and made jokes with him. He instilled great values in us and I hope he is happy with me today with what I have been able to do with my life,” she recalls.
On the loss of her mum she said:
 “Losing a loved one is a very difficult situation to deal with.  I miss her everyday and I never stop wishing she were here. I know that I am who I am today for the time I spent with her and for the values she imparted in me.

“I was 11 when she passed; I do remember very much, she was an entrepreneur, a hardworking woman and I like to believe that I follow in her footsteps in some way. I also feel that the loss has made me more of a stronger and independent person,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks