Just In...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Oprah Winfrey Breaks Down In Tears As She Receives Oscar For Humanitarian Work

Oprah Winfrey couldn't stop her tears from rolling down as she received her Oscar at the third annual Governors Awards. The talk show mogul was presented with the coveted award of Jean Hersholt Humanitarian from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences during the event at the Hollywood & Highland Center, Los Angeles on Saturday night, November 12.


Upon accepting the golden statuette, Oprah said, "I never imagined receiving an Oscar, especially for doing what is part of my calling, part of my being." She added, "If you are not a former colored girl born in Mississippi in 1954, it is impossible for you to know what this journey has meant."

"It's unimaginable that I would be standing before you, voted by the board of governors," the former host of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" continued. "So when I say thank you, the thank you comes from a place deeper even than I know, because it's not just from me, it's from everybody who made me possible."

This year's Governors Awards was attended by plenty of Hollywood veterans, including Woody Harrelson, Ellen Barkin and Alec Baldwin among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks