Just In...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Whitney Houston's First Movie In 15 Years

First film role in 15 years: Award-winning US singer Whitney Houston.

THE most awarded female singer of all time, according to the Guinness Book of Records, has had a shady career of late. But she's back.


Whitney Houston is making a return to the big screen after 15 years in a movie, "Sparkle".
In an interview She said

"I feel honored; I feel humbled that I am able to still do what I do and it just is fun, actually," Houston told website Access Hollywood.


"I think everybody's going to love this film. I do, I think it's going to be a loved film."


The project took over a decade to make as the starring role was originally slated for R&B singer Aaliyah. After the then-22–year-old's tragic death in 2001, the movie was shelved.


"This was (Aaliyah's) movie," Houston said.


"When we brought it to her, she was so enthusiastic about it and she wanted it, to do it so badly. She was our Sparkle.


"Unfortunately… it just didn't go that way. I put it down. I said, 'My Sparkle has gone to a better place,' then we just left it alone."
After bringing the project to life again with American Idol Season 6 winner Jordin Sparks in the title role, Houston said she strongly identified with her character (playing Jordin's mother).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks