Just In...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yvonne Chaka Chaka Is The First African Woman To Receive The World Economic Forum's Crystal Award

Yvonne Chaka Chaka Is The First African Woman To Receive The World Economic Forum's Crystal Award
Yvonne chaka chaka from south Africa has become the first  Africa woman to receive the world Economic forum's Crystal award.  Chaka who is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations' Roll Back Malaria Partnership, was presented the award during the opening ceremony of the forum's annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland on Wednesday.
In a statement released on Yvonne chaka chaka's website, She said :
I am truly honoured to be the first African woman to receive this award, especially since South Africa's champion for freedom and justice, Nelson Mandela, graced these halls with his presence twenty years ago.
Growing up in South Africa during apartheid, I lived with inequality in all aspects of my life. My experiences as a child taught me that giving people their dignity is vital to building kinder, fairer societies which are not only possible but critical to creating a safe and secure world.

I have long believed that songs that promote understanding speak much louder than the bullet shots I heard growing up in Soweto.
In recent years, my fight against injustice has become global. Working as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF and the Roll Back Malaria Partnership and MDG Envoy for Africa, I have seen that there is a global apartheid in accessing health services.      Growing up in South Africa during apartheid, I lived with inequality in all aspects of my life. My experiences as a child taught me that giving people their dignity is vital to building kinder, fairer societies which are not only possible but critical to creating a safe and secure world. I have long believed that songs that promote understanding speak much louder than the bullet shots I heard growing up in Soweto.In recent years, my fight against injustice has become global. Working as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF and the Roll Back Malaria Partnership and MDG Envoy for Africa, I have seen that there is a global apartheid in accessing health services.
The World Economic forum Meeting  takes place annually with businesspeople gathering to discuss the way forward in the sector.

1 comment:

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks