Just In...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nollywood Star Oge Okoye Speaks About New Haircut: Its Not All About The Money

Nollywood Star Oge Okoye Speaks About New Haircut: Its Not All About The Money
Beautiful Nollywood actress, Oge Okoye, was born in London and has been acting since 2001.
The first time I saw the photos of Oge Okoye's shaved head on the set of a new movie, I wondered how much it would cost to get an actress to go bald.

She threw some light on her new haircut in a recent interview with Bella Naija. Excerpts:


Q::::::What is it about this trend of actresses shaving off their hair in Nigerian movies? Why did you do it?

A::::::It takes a very good script for someone like me to be able to shave my hair. I did that for the last movie I acted in December. It's not out yet but the working title of the movie is "Royal Widows" but I'm not sure if that's what it is going to come out with. I've never acted that kind of role and it was a good experience for me. I scaled through. I leave the fans to judge when the movie is out.
****************
Q::::::How much did you get paid to shave off your hair?

A::::::It's not really about the money, but about the script. Let's just say I got paid very well.
********
Q::::::Do you feel self conscious walking on the streets with a shaved head?
A::::::I don't feel shy. I was at first. I was like how am I going to face the world? Am I going to go bald like this or should I just put on a wig. But I asked my husband and he said I looked good. I sent him some pictures through BB and he was like "Ok, you look good, why shouldn't you flaunt it" – He gave me the courage.
*************

*Its not really about the money abi? I pray ooh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks