Just In...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How Senator Ehigie Uzamere's Driver Of 7 Years Robbed Him At Gun Point

Senator Ehigie Uzamere was robbed at gun point on Friday in Abuja by the last person he expected to do it: his driver of seven years.

The ACN senator from Edo State told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday that they were on their way to the airport when the Niger State-born driver, Mohammed Ibrahim, drew a gun.
He pointed it to the senator's head, pulled him out of the Mercedes Benz 430 car, and sped away with a bagful of money.

"It happened at about 12pm on Friday. We were proceeding to the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja when I checked my briefcase and realised that part of the money inside the briefcase was missing," Uzamere said.

"Because I left my driver in the car earlier when I left for the Chinese Embassy, I asked him how the money got missing. I then directed him to drive me back home so that I would find a way out.

"But before we got to my house in Jabi, Abuja, close to Ebitu Ukiwe and Bala Sokoto junction, he suddenly applied the brake, parked the car, put a pistol on my head, dragged me out and drove away.

"I thank God for still being alive. It could have been worse than that."

The driver, who is in his mid-30's, also ran away with a briefcase containing a huge amount of money as well as some personal and official documents, the senator said.

Uzamere, who is chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign and Local Debts, said the incident happened while he was leaving Abuja for Benin City, Edo State Capital, to attend the state convention of his party scheduled for Saturday.

The lawmaker said the incident had since been reported at the Utako Divisional Police Station, Abuja.

The run-away driver was said to have called a member of Uzamere's family later, urging him to go and pick the senator's car somewhere in Life Camp area of Abuja.

A senior police officer at the Utako Divisional Police Station told Daily Trust they had received the complaints of the senator and started investigation into the matter.

"The vehicle has been recovered and returned to the senator but the suspect hasn't been seen. Police are investigating the matter and looking for the driver," the official said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks