Just In...

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

32-Year-Old Groom Dies From Suspected Food Poisoning On Wedding Eve

  • Babalola and his fiancee
Family members, friends and colleagues of a 32-year old groom named Yussuf Babatunde Babalola are currently trying to unravel the sudden death of the young man who was alleged to have been poisoned on the eve of his wedding.
Investigations revealed that the late Babalola woke up at about 6.30 a.m. on Thursday, 12 July, 2012, the day he was to be at the marriage registry, complaining of stomach upset to his bride, Kudirat.

She raised an alarm by calling on his friends when the ailment became unbearable. By the time he was taken to the hospital two hours later, he was clinically dead.

A close friend of the deceased who did not want his name mentioned told P.M.NEWS that on getting to his apartment on Wright Street, Ebutte –Metta, South west Nigeria, Babalola who was unconscious, was later taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, Yaba but the doctor on duty referred them to Lagos Medical Centre, inside the Nigerian Railway compound where the deceased was confirmed dead.

A source told P.M.NEWS that one of the doctors told the family that a black substance was found on his mouth which shows that he might have died of poisoning.

Another friend told P.M.NEWS that before the late Babalola was buried on the same day at Atan Cemetery according to Islamic rite, his friends and family members separately called four doctors and a herbalist to further certify that Babatola was actually dead because of the mystery surrounding the way he died.

“We were told to go and bury him at about 3.30 when it was confirmed that Yussuf had died,” said his friend.

All attempts to speak with the bride who is eight months pregnant proved abortive as she was said to have been devastated by the groom’s death.

Apart from the registry, the late Yussuf Babalola was said to have also been planning to hold his engagement ceremony on Saturday, 14 July, 2012 at the Army Officers’ Mess, Yaba, Lagos and his friends had bought the traditional aso-ebi for the ceremony.

The question on the lips of sympathisers, family members and friends is who killed Yussuf?

Culled from PM News

2 comments:

  1. Good day I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found
    you by accident, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I
    am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a
    incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.
    Also see my site :: my profile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this site from my buddy who informed me regarding this web site and now this
    time I am browsing this web site and reading very informative posts at this place.
    my web page :: click here

    ReplyDelete

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks