Just In...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Eddie Murphy Predicts He'll Be The Worst Oscar Host Ever

Eddie Murphy is setting the bar low, and telling audiences not to expect much from his Oscar gig. The actor and comedian will be hosting the 2012 Academy Awards, which will be produced by Murphy's "Tower Heist" director, Brett Ratner.

"I think it's so funny that people think I'm the perfect for this," he told Entertainment Tonight. "I'm going to be horrendous... I'm going to be the worst host ever."

"I'm going to wear a powered sky blue tuxedo and at the end of the evening I'm going to urinate on myself in front of a billion people," Murphy added.

Murphy also recently spilled details on how he got the top billing for the event. According to Entertainment Weekly, the actor revealed during a promotional event for "Tower Heist" that the hosting gig was all his idea. "The conversation came up about who would host, and (Ratner) was saying different names," Murphy said. "And I was like, you know, if I hosted that show, it would probably get nice little chatter for our movie before the movie came out - that I was hosting the Oscars. ... And that's kind of how it happened."

Murphy also promised that he'll attend the whole awards show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He stormed out during the 2007 Academy Awards, after he lost the best supporting actor award for his role in "Dreamgirls."

The 84th Annual Academy Awards will air on Feb. 26, 2012, on ABC

1 comment:

  1. I like the tuxedo of Eddie Murphy. The tuxedo over yellow long sleeves matches with his skin tone.

    ReplyDelete

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks