Just In...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

D'banj's PR Claims The Kokomaster Never Said He Owned Mo-Hits And Don Jazzy Is Not An Artists Under D'banj

To calm the nerves of some persons who have been really upset with the Kokomaster for making statements which they conceived as unguarded D'banj's publicity/media manager, Bankuli has issued a statement to clear the air refute the controversial interview conducted by the popular Ebony Magazine. The statement reads:

"D'banj never had any such statement with Ebony magazine during the interview he did with them. We are in touch with the editor of the magazine on these and a correctional rejoinder will be published soonest.. 

Mohits Records is co-owned by Don Jazzy and D'banj 

Thanks, Bankuli"


See an excerpts of the controversial interview below:
 
Q::::::EBONY.com: How did you join Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music label?

A::::::D'BANJ: I had a concert in Dubai and when we pulled up to the airport's first class lounge and a hostess ran up to me with a plaque with Kanye's face on it, asking me to sign it. I said 'I'm not Kanye West, I'm D'banj but Kanye West is coming? All eyes open.' Then my manager spoke to Kanye, came back and told me 'He'll give you five minutes.' I walked over -- as an African man I'm always prepared -- and I played my music 'Stand Out,' 'Fall In Love' and 'Scapegoat' for him on my iPod. Before we knew it, I'd almost missed my flight and he invited me to New York.
Coming from Africa I'm my own manager,
I have my own label called Mo' Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D'Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo' Hits and we've won numerous awards by the grace of God. Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a successful label in Africa, I've learned a lot and I believe people will see what we're going to do. I signed with Kanye in June and that same month I won the BET Award for Best International Act. My New York concert isn't done by G.O.O.D. Music, it's done by Live Nation, meaning I'm already a moving machine. So who better to introduce me to the global world than Kanye West, a crazy genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks