Just In...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

75-Year-Old Man Called To The Nigerian Bar

A 75-year-old man called to the Nigerian Bar on Tuesday in Abuja said justice for his community inspired him to study the law.
Mr Okon Abang from Ibeno Local Government Area (LGA) of Akwa Ibom  was among  1,116 successful candidates called to the Nigerian Bar by the Body of Benchers.
``I am somebody who likes my community and I have acquired degrees in political science and public administration which have afforded me the opportunity to serve as a commissioner.

``But I also want to help my community legally, that is why I decided to study the law.
``My greatest aspiration is to serve people and that is why I have studied the law to serve people. I do not want much money because I have what to eat,’’ he told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
Abang, who described his experience at the Nigerian Law school as very rewarding, graduated from the University of Uyo in 2010.
``But I like the courts and I would like to practice, ’’ he said.
`` I joined the law profession because I always have something to say to the world, I wish everyone was a lawyer, I can assure you we would have a peaceful society,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks