Just In...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Driver Who Fell Of Third Mainland Bridge And Plunged Into Lagoon Says; ''I Was Not On High Speed''


We were all shocked when we heard of a lone driver of a Toyota Sienna who fell of the Third Mainland Bridge and plunged into the lagoon..yes the diver's name is Olusola Oladimeji and he can only describe his escape as a miracle.
Contrary to reports by traffic and emergency officials that he was on a very high speed, Mr Oladimeji who is a father of three and  a minister of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church said he was not on high speed when the incident occurred.
Mr Oladimeji, said;
“I work on the island and I left home for a meeting in the early hours of Saturday. After the monthly environmental sanitation, I started driving back home.

“I was driving at the speed of 60km/hr and was on the fast lane because the road was free. At Ebute Meta bypass, I saw two vehicles that had been involved in an accident but I kept on driving. Suddenly, everything went blank, I couldn’t see anything again, and I just found myself in the water.”
 “I was not on high speed. When the car hit the railing of the bridge, the airbag was not released.

“After falling into the water, I unfastened the seat belt and noticed that one of the doors of my car had broken off, so I swam out of the vehicle to the surface of the water even though I don’t know how to swim.

“It was while I was waving my hand that fishermen saw me and quickly came to my aid. They took me away from the scene and took me to a clinic located on the water where they administered the first aid.”
PUNCH Metro learnt that Oladimeji was later taken to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital where an X-ray scan was conducted on him.
“The doctors said that my leg was not fractured. They, however, cast my leg with Plaster of Paris because I had a sprain,” he said.
Oladimeji said contrary to what is written on his medical report, he is 43 years old not 53.
A pastor at MFM, Berkeley Parish, Mrs. Praise Onanuga, said;
“He bought the car just eight days before the accident and we were supposed to do the dedication today (Sunday) but we thank God that we were not put to shame.

“We will hold a thanksgiving for him soon because this is a miracle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks