Just In...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Former King Sunny Ade's Guitarist, Mr Fatoke Abiodun Arrested For Drug Trafficking


The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on the 1st of January 2013 arrested a member of Nigeria's Entertainment Industry, Mr Fatoke Abiodun, a guitarist who worked with King Sunny Ade for 30 years.
Mr Fatoke was attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos when the long hand of the law caught up with him.

And he was quoted to have said 
“I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007. I was unprepared and without severance money I saw the bitter side of life…Because at my age I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself.”
NDLEA Commander for the Lagos Airport, Hamza Umar said
 “We have made the first arrest in the new year. The suspect, a guitarist by name Fatoke Abiodun was found with 1.575kg of cocaine. The drug was discovered in the false bottom of his luggage during the outward screening of passengers to Italy.”
The 62 year old is financially responsible for his large family including 4 wives, many children and grandchildren. He will be charged to court for unlawful exportation and possession of narcotics. He is currently cooperating with investigators and has confessed to the crime and blamed his involvement in the drug trade on financial pressure after retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks