Just In...

Friday, February 8, 2013

How Prophet TB Joshua Proposed To Me...Wife


Prophet TB Joshua and his wife, Evelyn Joshua have been married for close to 23 years and very little has been heard about the wonder couple.
In this very interesting recent interview with The Spectator, Evelyn Joshua talked about how she met and married TB Joshua at the age of 17 in 1990.
According to her:
I visited a sister somewhere at Ikotun-Egbe and they were all talking about a particular man, a prophet. Half of the people in the room had all met him and they were saying a lot of good things about him. After everything, I asked my sister if she could take me to him. I needed a spiritual guide at the time. So we went there but unfortunately didn't meet him at home. Some months later I visited him again alone, that was in 1990. 
Before this time, the idea I had about this prophet was that he was an old man, with a long white beard. So on that day I was reading a novel that I came with when I suddenly saw someone come into the room, pick one or two things and went back. The person I saw wasn't an old man so I didn't pay him any attention. But when he went back to the consulting room, one of the people also waiting to speak with him said 'that's him'. 
When it was eventually my turn to see him, we sat opposite each other. He was gazing at me for a few minutes, and I was also gazing at him. Transfixed as I was, I saw him write something on a piece of paper, 'Ejide' (means twin has come). I'm a twin.
Then we started talking and he told a lot of things about myself, both things I knew and the ones I didn't know. He told me about my family, about my past, about my future. Altogether we spoke for about forty five minutes. At the end of the whole thing he spoke to me in Yoruba. He said (translated in English) Please don't be annoyed. Don't think this is how I talk to everyone that comes to me. I don't have a concubine and I don't want to have a concubine. But will you marry me?
Just like that. It was strange, but that gives me an insight into what the scripture says that the spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. That was how I met him. When he proposed to me my heart agreed with it instantly. Some months later I asked him why he thought it was right seeing a lady for the first time and proposing to her. He said he had seen me four days before that day. I don't know if it was in a dream or a revelation. We had our traditional and church wedding a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks