Just In...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Why I sacked commissioners, others- Oshiomhole

GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, yesterday, gave reasons why he sacked two commissioners and other political appointees.He said that Esan people voted against the sacked political appointees.

Governor Oshiomhole made the clarification while commissioning a water borehole at Ekpoma, Esan West Local Government Area. The Governor said, "it is true that I dropped two Commissioners out of four from Esanland and two Special Advisers. The way they were appointed was why they were dropped because it was within my discretion to do so.

"However, if the people vote against the party of the Commissioners, it means the people say they don't want them, that means the people have voted against them and I can't keep appointees who the people have voted against," he added.

"Commissioners and political appointees would come and go and what is permanent is the people. Whoever cannot deliver on services must go. If the people vote against you, it means you are not working hard. Whoever wants to be in government must reconnect with the people".

Debunking the insinuation that we has hatred for the Esan people, Oshiomhole explained "the removal of the Commissioners and other political appointees has nothing to do with 'this is an Esan man' or not. It is about individuals, I do not want Benin-based politicians who know everything about happenings in the capital but are not connected with their people. I do not want the people to confuse my dropping them to mean that I hate the Esan people, because I myself am an Esan man because I married from Esan land".

The Governor disclosed that he has directed the re-opening of the Ambrose Alli University and the slashing of the fees of the part-time students by N5,000.

He said "Edo State government would pay N5,000.00 for each part-time student. Government has decided to increase the monthly subvention to the University to make up for the slash".

Comrade Oshiomhole re-iterated governments determination to work for the people, provide facilities and bring infrastructure closer to them.

The Governor decried the attitude of political parties who share money for votes, saying "I learnt that my opponents are sharing money. Why should I buy votes? The state government will use government money to provide roads, water and good healthcare rather than buy votes. Money meant to bring facilities should not be shared for votes. This government is your own because it will continue to work for you".


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks