Just In...

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Osaze Odemwingie Fined 2 Weeks' Wages For Attempting To Leave West Brom For Queens Park Rangers


Peter Osaze Odemwingie has been fined two weeks' wages by West Brom following his attempt to sign for Premier League rivals Queens Park Rangers in January. In case you missed the earlier story, read it HERE.
The 31-year-old Nigeria striker has accepted his punishment and will resume full training with his team-mates.
Osaze said he apologised "to the club and our supporters for any distress I have caused".
The Uzbekistan-born forward added: "I understand how my actions have been viewed. I want to reassure everyone at the club and our fans that I will continue to give my all whenever I am selected.
"We have enjoyed a good season so far and I aim to play my part in keeping the club as high up the table as possible."


Albion chairman Jeremy Peace said Osaze "has accepted his punishment and promised to comply with all club regulations".

Peace added: "This has been an extremely difficult time for the club and it was imperative that we dealt with such a serious matter both fully and correctly.
"Peter has apologised for his conduct to me personally and the club and our supporters as a whole."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks