Just In...

Friday, April 1, 2011

Akunyili promises to share salary with constituency!

Former Information and Communications minister, Dora Akunyili now contesting for the senatorial position of Anambra Central has declared that if elected, part of her salary will be spent on the people of her constituency

According to Mrs Akunyili who is contesting on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), she will be in constant touch with her people.

"I will not take all my salary. I will consult my people and agree with them on how much I will take from my salary and the rest and the jumbo pay will be plunged into servicing the needs of my people through something like the Anambra Central Trust Fund," Mrs Akunyili told NEXT yesterday in Awka.

She reiterated her resolve to bring smiles to the faces of her constituents within one year of entering the Senate and stated that she will resign if she fails to achieve this.

State creation

Mrs Akunyili said one of the issues she will address will be the creation of another state for the South East.

On the defacing of her posters and billboards by supporters of her opponents, she said it is as a result of fear and frustration on their part. "People should not see election as a must-win. You can contest but you must not win. What they are doing amounts to an admission of failure. But I am consoled by traders who told me that I was in their minds and not my posters or bill boards," she said.

She said she is ready for this weekend's election and is sure of winning. "The good people of Anambra Central are ready to support me and I expect to win. It's easy to learn who will win. It's in the air; people say it everywhere and you can sample it," Mrs Akunyili said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks