Just In...

Monday, May 28, 2012

Don Jazzy Say 'It Hurts Splitting From D'banj', AsThe Mavin Family Graces Thisday Style Cover


In related news, Don Jazzy made some interesting revelations in an interview with E-punch where he talked about things going sour between him and his former partner, Dbanj along with telling how he took the split.

Don jazzy says he saw the break-up coming
Obviously, I would not have seen it coming seven years ago when we started the company. But a year to the breakup, I saw it coming. We tried as much as possible to make it work. A lot of things happened even when we had shows like Koko Concert in Lagos, London and New York. We already had problems then but we still had to go for the shows and generally put up a front that all was well when in actual fact, it was not. It is not like it just happened; it took time
because we knew that we had something very important to save.

Everybody tried to stop the break-up. If I did not want the company to move on, why did I travel from here to New York for a D'banj concert? It was a beautiful
thing for Nigeria, Africa and us.

He says It hurts

Yes, it hurt then and it still hurts. It's not just me, even fans were badly hit. I remember when I was with a lady friend of mine and we were supposed to have a meeting. I told her it couldn't hold because I had some issues to take care of. I told her Mo'Hits was going to break up and she started crying. The same way we feel bad about it, is how a lot of people are going to feel.


On if Kanye West's GOOD caused the split

We were both signed and I am still on that label. My deal with the label is one of the best deals ever. The deal is still on and I will still be a part of it until the
day I terminate the contract.

I am supposed to be in New York now but considering the fact that they know I have a lot of work to do in Nigeria, I can't be in two places at once. I have to finish one before I start any international jobs.



On if he's looking for a replacement for Dbanj

I have not gone to look for anybody that will replace Dbanj and I will never look for who will replace him. It is not possible! Entertainers are not the same, just as no two people are the same. I definitely know there is no way I am going to come across someone who is
exactly like D'banj. He knows how to ride the audience, how to carry them along and I have watched the industry for many years and know it is going to be difficult to find someone who is like him.


On how He signed Tiwa Savage

Even before the breakup, I have been looking for a female artiste. I have been talking with Tiwa for a long time. If I did not tell her to leave Los Angeles and move back home, she would not have come. I have been very interested in her career. At some point, I knew one day, we were going to end up working together.

On him missing D'banj

Definitely I do. I miss him a lot. I got in here today and the first thing I wanted to say was I'm D'banj!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks