Just In...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Meet The Church Vicar Who Uses The F*** Word On Facebook, Says Sin Is Fun To Him

A Church of England vicar being investigated by senior clerics after complaints by parishioners that he used 'abhorrent' language and posted the Facebook comment such as:

  • Canon Dr Paul Shackerley of Doncaster Minster investigated by top clerics 
  • Accused of swearing on Facebook and moaning about going to church 
  • Joined group ‘I want to get back with my ex...!’...LOL jk...I'd rather s*** in my hands and clap!' 
  • Another post:‘I've done f*** all today other than jazz lesson and visit a friend. I hear the fizz of tonic in my gin beckoning' 
  • Also: ‘Alas, I have religion tomorrow. At least I'm not preaching this week' 
  • Posted picture of him building snowman with comment:‘Forgive my sin of frivolity. Sin is such fun!'

Dr Shackerley, who as priest-in-charge at Doncaster Minster, is one of Yorkshire's most high-profile vicars, posted the comments earlier this year, apparently sparking concern among parishioners.


Dr Shackerley pictured outside the church
The Facebook extracts have been sent, along with an anonymous letter, to senior clergy, including the Bishop of Sheffield, Dr Steven Croft, and Dr Shackerley's immediate boss, the Bishop of Doncaster.
The comments are ‘liked’ by eight of Dr Shackerley's Facebook friends, including Doncaster Minster's director of mu-sic, Darren Williams, and prompt more foul language in response from a separate contributor.

Who in God's name is this man?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks