Just In...

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mikel Obi Launches Foundation To Help The Less Privileged And Retired Players

Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi, has promised to assist some ex-internationals who are currently down through his Foundation which is expected to be launched in Lagos on Friday.

Mikel who is a member of the historic Chelsea team that won the UEFA Champions League last month said he has always nutured the hope of giving back to the society especially the homeless people he grew up with as a kid.
Speaking in Lagos yesterday, Mikel who became the third Nigerian player to win the prestigious Champions League said he believes this is the right time to launch the MIKEL OBI FOUNDATION in appreciation of the height God has placed him in his football career.

“It has always been on my mind to give back to the Nigerian society that made me.

“I grew up in Jos where I played street football with lots of  the less priviledged and homeless people who hardly had enough to eat. Having been in such situation myself and with the little success God has enabled me to achieve in my career, I feel this is the right time to lend assistance.

“As for some ex-internationals who are currently down, the foundation would be ready to assist where possible,” said Mikel who was in company of his agent, John Shittu and Super Eagles colleague, Chinedu Obasi.

The official launching is billed to hold on Friday by 6.00 pm at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island simultaneously with a welcome party organised in honour of Mikel by members of the Lagos Business Community.
Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency Babatunde Raji Fashola is expected to grace the occasion as the Special Guest of Honour at the event.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!
    Feel free to surf my web-site - my article network review

    ReplyDelete

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks