Just In...

Friday, December 28, 2012

Catfight Between Senator Chris Anyanwu And Governor Rochas Okorocha


Senator Chris Anyanwu who represents Imo East (Owerri) in the National Assembly, has accused the Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha of ordering his security detail to attack her convoy and beat up her security men
Senator Anyanwu said:

 “My day started around 9.30am when I visited the governor at the Government House on Tuesday to exchange pleasantries. He asked if I had adequate security and I said yes after which I left for my hometown, Mbaise.

“When we got to Azara Egbelu along Owerri/Umuahia Road, we heard a siren coming behind us and when it grew louder, we parked to allow the convoy to pass, but surprisingly, the approaching convoy which comprised of truck loads of armed and stern-looking men double-crossed us and pulled out two of my drivers and dragged them into the bush where they were mercilessly beaten and left one of the drivers, Odilichukwu, with broken skull and bruises.
“When I could not bear it any more, I rushed out of my car with bare feet and started shouting: I am Senator Chris Anyanwu, please, don’t kill my driver, but one of the armed men charged at me and threatened to shoot me for running into the governor’s convoy. All these while, the governor was sitting in his car with the glass rolled down and I heard him shout at his securitymen to disarm my orderlies”, the Senator said.
Anyanwu, who is also the Chairman, Senate Committee on Navy, described the governor’s action as 
“a misplaced show of power. The power of the state is so enormous and you don’t need to intimidate, harass or kill your people to assert your powers as a governor. I am tired of all these abuses and harassment in this state. It is not only in Imo State that they have female legislators. If they could do this to me, what would happen to the ordinary people? This has to stop,”Anyanwu said.
But contrary to her story the Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa said,
“Surprisingly, Senator Anyanwu who no doubt knew the convoy was that of the Governor of Imo State alighted from her car and allegedly ordered her naval security personnel to open fire. The senator further went berserk by slapping both the governor’s aide-de- camp and Chief Security Detail.
She also allegedly rained abuses on the governor”, Uzoukwa said.
So which side of the story are we to believe?

5 comments:

  1. Politics is a dirty game. DB Mall

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact is dat they should settle their skull, within themselves, I can't see any vital
    Truth in both statement dis is politics wat ever their greviancies might be... Should be settled rochas okorocha is a goodman even b 4 he became a governor.... Not draging d governor's name into d mud

    ReplyDelete
  3. the snator and the governor should go home and setle their misunderstanding. They should not let the inccident of 26 dec,2012 to creat a rift between them because their opponents are watching to snare at them and even to heighten it to the sky.if you check the way the snator sounded her complains, is quite obvious that all she said were mixture of lies. The governor i know will never try those rash. My submission in the above already stated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the senator Chris and the governor Rochas should go home and setle their misunderstanding.They should be careful with this because their opponents are watching to snare @them and even to take it to the sky.let not this controlvesy hallow a rift between them.neverthless the way the senator sounded her complains i gues is not the true cause of the matter. The governor of Imo state I know is a goodman and will never do such rash for the reason of senator chris' convoy just passing his. I advice everybody that come accross this issue to reason well before offering his or her judgement on it...long live senator chris .long live and good governance governor Rochas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God both of them belong to the same political party ,but truly men don't have respect for women in nigeria. God help us

    ReplyDelete

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks