Just In...

Friday, August 30, 2013

Ruggedman Talks About His Love Life And The Lessons Valentine's Day Has Taught Him

The rapper has said he will be dropping a hot new single on his birthday in September. Here is an except from his interview with Vanguard's Weekend Groove:

You seem not to be the romantic type?
Says who? I am very romantic when I’m with the right woman. Just like love and marriage, romance isn't something I throw around.
I remember one St. Valentine’s day. I went to see my Val but I didn't meet her at home. I tied a rose(a real one not plastic) to her door and wrote my initials on a paper. When she returned and saw it, she knew I was the one who put it there.
The incident that made me put my romance in check happened years ago too on another St. Valentine’s  day. I bought loads of gifts and  fifteen cards because I don't like getting just one. I even booked an hotel room for dinner and all. All she did was say “you shouldn't have done all these!” She didn't even bring me a card.
After that, I put a leash on my romance. She has to be worth it before I show her that side of me.
Can’t imagine a girl doing that to almighty Ruggedman.
No. At that time, it was just the start of my career. I hadn't even recorded Baraje.

So how do you feel having experienced the other side of love?
I learnt that life goes on no matter what, and you need to know who you do things for.
Does that mean you don’t have anyone in your life?
Right now I don’t have anybody in my life. It’s been my work and me for a while now. Although it feels somehow sometimes, especially when I see couples out and about . But I find solace with the thought that the right person is out there for me.

So it means wedding bells isn’t ringing any time soon?
I guess so but I’m very happy it’s ringing for others and I pray their union stands the test of time.

But is it so hard to find the right woman?
I guess it is sometimes especially now that vanity rules. You find it hard knowing she is with you for you or your status.
It’s like you've really had hard times with ladies.
Not at all, the ladies love me and I love them right back. It’s getting the right one for me that’s the issue. A while ago, Bisi Ibidapo-Obe looked at me and said “Rugged, it’s not a curse but before you find a babe for you, it will be difficult.” She said I’m a fine man, successful artiste and so, women will come and it will be hard to know who is who. Now I understand what she meant but God is in control.

3 comments:

  1. The girl no first love u na. Love no be by force o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As u rugged reach bro, woman fit mess u up. I hail dat babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choi,as u fine so u no get babe.

    ReplyDelete

Shop Online From The Comfort Of Your Home Or Office By Clicking On This Banner

Welcome To Obehi Okoawo's Blog...We Love To Hear From You In The Comment Box Above, Thanks